- Is it illegal to use quotes on shirts?
- Can you use quotes on clothing?
- Can I put a picture of a celebrity on a shirt and sell it?
- Are Movie Quotes copyrighted?
- How do you know if a quote is copyrighted?
- Can I print my logo on a Nike shirt?
- Can you print famous quotes on shirts?
- Can I put a movie quote on a shirt?
- Are Harry Potter quotes copyrighted?
- How do you copyright a logo?
- Can I print a shirt with a celebrity on it?
Is it illegal to use quotes on shirts?
According to US copyright law, the legal rights to a quote belong by default to its author (or speaker).
Quotes are considered intellectual property, which is protected under the law.
You have the author’s written permission to use their words on your work..
Can you use quotes on clothing?
Quotes are generally safe to use of they exist in the Public Domain. … If it’s documented as existing in the Public Domain, you’re generally safe to use it in your own original works of art such as a printed quote on a tee.
Can I put a picture of a celebrity on a shirt and sell it?
Some celebrities fiercely protect the use of their image because they know it has significant monetary value. It’s generally not permissible to print celebrity images on merchandise without authorization to do so. Short answer: No.
Are Movie Quotes copyrighted?
A: Lines from movies are, in most cases, neither protected by copyright nor in the public domain. … In fact, lines spoken by characters in films need to sound “real”, and real people don’t speak in such carefully constructed phrases as to warrant copyright protection.
How do you know if a quote is copyrighted?
1. Check for copyrighted phrases. … To find copyrighted phrases, run an online search (but note that the U.S. Copyright Office lists registrations before 1978 exclusively in the Public Records at the Library of Congress). If you find no results, your search term is not registered in the database.
Can I print my logo on a Nike shirt?
No, you may not lawfully affix your company logo to a tee shirt that’s already branded by Nike or another sports clothing company and then sell that shirt. … Affix your company logo to them and then offer them for sale.
Can you print famous quotes on shirts?
But for a safe answer: you can print anything on a t-shirt that is under public domain without infringing copyright laws. Public domain includes artworks that have expired from their copyright.
Can I put a movie quote on a shirt?
Don’t use a quote on a T-shirt if: Just to be safe, don’t quote anything characters say on anything scripted like movies, TV shows and plays or if it’s a literary work like a novel or poem. The only exception, like we mentioned above, would be if the copyright has expired.
Are Harry Potter quotes copyrighted?
No, absolutely not. Everything Harry Potter is well protected with multiple trademarks that are owned by Warner Brothers Entertainment. … Everything from the names of the books and movies, to house names, and the term ‘Muggle’ are trademarked.
How do you copyright a logo?
Go to the U.S. Copyright Office website. Select “Electronic Copyright Registration” to fill in the Form VA online for registration of a work of Visual Arts. Name the creator of the logo and include contact information for the owner. Many logos are works for hire.
Can I print a shirt with a celebrity on it?
It’s generally not permissible to print celebrity images on merchandise without authorization to do so. Business owners who use celebrity images on T-shirts without permission are potentially setting themselves up for a legal battle that could lead to a big payout to the celebrities involved.